Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Video Newsletters

I have been on a quest to learn how to develop video and send it via the internet for my Creative Thinking Business. I plan to send out monthly “Video Newsletters” that are short 3-5 minutes pieces that talk about creativity and innovation. I am also in the process of making a “Video Press Kit” for my business as well as some e-learning/distance learning programs.

You can view my 1st one here;

Solar Sailor - Combination Creativity

I have learned more about Flash, QuickTime, .flv, .fla., .swf. HTML wrappers, skins, Sorenson Squeeze, video converters, Cameras, Lighting, Audio, RSS, Ipod casting and a host of other stuff no sane businessman should ever have to learn. My wife said it is official;….you have become a computer nerd. Ouch! I vouched never to do that :)

Obviously I am still learning; I have been playing with pop up windows, html delivery, compression, various players, browsers, etc. trying to find what works best for the actual delivery of the video. That is the hardest part. Trust me I have done a lot or research on this and there are no “agreed on” best practices, that I can find.

As of today, I think (hope) I have figured out most of the web delivery issues. This has taken me several hundred hours :(

I will pass on all of my findings in a future post for those who are interested in how to do it themselves.

If you would like to receive future Video Newsletters from me, simply download my free e-book at www.slyasafox.com and that will put you on the list. You can opt- out anytime.

Thanks

MLF

2 comments:

  1. Mark - I love the concept of a video newsletter and look forward to seeing more! Also love the tool of combination creativity. In addition to its application to the creation and new and sellable (or in this case 'sailable') things I can see many a workshop on this/using this as a fun starting point. And also, how it can be incorporated into general fun and play! thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mark, i just sent an email to your info contact email address on your site. I am not sure if you still use this Blog since it was 3 years ago but I am very interested in learning more about Video Newsletters. Please write me back to the email i sent you when you get a chance, thanks!!

    ReplyDelete